SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Sadly we want to keep the rock structure as is, it's just that the purple mushrooms have taken control of two different rocks. I will however throw the fragged mushrooms on here when they're ready to go. Ill definitely try the scalpel / brush trick to keep them from coming back.

Thanks.

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
If you can take the rock out of water, then carefully doing it with a scalpel (if you want to salvage them) or a toothbrush will work. I wouldn't recommend trying this with the rocks in the tank. If the smallest piece breaks off, it'll float around until it latches on somewhere and then you have a new colony.

When I've wanted to get rid of mushrooms or an encrusted SPS, then I place a rock over it until it dies from lack of light. Slowest but easiest method.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Sadly we want to keep the rock structure as is, it's just that the purple mushrooms have taken control of two different rocks. I will however throw the fragged mushrooms on here when they're ready to go. Ill definitely try the scalpel / brush trick to keep them from coming back.

Thanks.
If you only have live rock why not just sell the whole rock?use the money for more desirable corals and change out the aquascape
I don't have that option with my aquascape as it is all one piece

Attachments

• IMG_20161024_221641.jpg
    IMG_20161024_221641.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 213

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: