sjsoto

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
is this an emergency as in you are setting up right now? a little more info.please. i'm assumimg this is an undrilled tank?
what size tank? what brand return pump? what size vinyl tubing? how is the vinyl tubing connected to the return pump? do you want the return to create some current?

which model over flow box? what parts exactly do you have on hand?

attach vynil tubing to return pump... but what do i attach to the vynil tubing to put water back in tank?...

list of things in this site..
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pet_supplies.cfm?c=3578+10090

also what do i attach to the overflow box? dont specify fitting size...
to put water in sump http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3579+18358&pcatid=18358

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
what are you keeping in this tank?
what turn over rate or what gph return are you looking for?
what size sump? what's height at the top of the main tank? (from the ground) and what is the height of the top of the sump (from the ground)?

there are some things that don't make sense here. let see if i'm assuming correctly.

50 gal. undrilled tank gravity-draining into a sump below the main tank's water level via the pf 800. and you want to use the maxijet to return the water from the sump to the tank?

if the above assumptions are correct. i see some problems here.

1. the pf-800 with a single 1 inch bulkhead can drain 800gph? not likely may be 400-500 gph?

2. maxijet doesn't have enough head pressure to push the water up from the sump... at least not the 295 gph as rated.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I would recommend an Eheim 1260 pump - 602gph...
And don't forget the clamps to secure the tubing to the pump and directional U-tube (used for returning water to the tank [attaches to the tubing which is attached to the return pump])..

Hope that helps.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: