Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I will be upgrading my 24g nano cube to the Marineland 45g cube in the next few weeks and I'm working on my equipment list. What size return pump would you guys recommend? I was thinking of using a Mag 5 but I'm not sure if its strong enough, maybe I should get the mag 7 or will that be overkill? Thanks in advance for the help.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
So you are going to use a sump yes?How high will it be from the DPT?A mag 5 is good i had one on my 90 gal. until i up graded to the 9.5.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Thanks Guys. Yes I will have a sump and it will be in the stand just a few inches from the tank so I'm thinking a mag 5 should be ok? Thank you for the responses! I'm great with fish and coral but when it comes to equipment I'm still learning :)

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Thanks Guys. Yes I will have a sump and it will be in the stand just a few inches from the tank so I'm thinking a mag 5 should be ok? Thank you for the responses! I'm great with fish and coral but when it comes to equipment I'm still learning :)
Remember to use ball valves as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: