DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have some rics in the front corner of my tank, I want to get them to grow out more. Should I place a flat rock under the polyps for them to split on? I have a ric for about 4 yrs and split 3x but i had it on the rocks. this is the first time their down on the sand..
Thanks for any advise.

ricssept2010small.jpg

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
I have one on the sand that's splitting. I butted a small piece of rock up against the frag disc (in hopes that it will spit onto the rock and then I can move the baby,) but I haven't noticed much progression either way. Rics are such slow splitters :sigh:

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
there not specific about where they want to grow wether it is sand, gravel or rocks. they are slow growers as you hae noticed. honestly the only way i have noticed to make them grow faster is more light. move them up if you can but then it is still a slow process.

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I have 2 yumas that didnt grow at all for 2 years in the sand bed i recently moved one onto the rocks and it has doubled in size in just 4 months I dont think it is getting any more light even though its a little higher cause its in a shaded area

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Harry u have to place like a flat rock on your sand bed or for them to attach to and for me spot feeding them ones or twice a week got them to grow faster plus polyps stay nice and fat, mysis shrimp lps food,cyclopeez, they eat it all

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I have 2 yumas that didnt grow at all for 2 years in the sand bed i recently moved one onto the rocks and it has doubled in size in just 4 months I dont think it is getting any more light even though its a little higher cause its in a shaded area

I also have some yumas on a rock on my sand bed the main polyp its huge 5x5 when fully open, feeding them also makes them grow,ones when my clown fish died my yuma ate it :bigeyes2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: