tubs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

DSBs are a very significant component of our modern reef aquariums and play a very important role in our success in reefkeeping so come meet and hear none other than Rob Toonen talk on the what , whys and hows of DSBs.

Date, Time, & Location: Saturday July 20 at 7PM at the Baylands Interpretive Center in Palo Alto - very cool place to meet.

Directions to Baylands Interpretive Center in Palo Alto

Rob Toonen's BIO: I am a Canadian, born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta. If I had to pigeon-hole myself into a specific field, I would say that I am an Invertebrate Larval Biologist, but my interests are fairly diverse, and professional and personal research has been rather eclectic to say the least.

rob_toonen.jpg

I did my undergraduate degree in Zoology at the University of
Alberta, and my Masters Degree in Marine Biology at the University of North Carolina, where I worked on the reproductive biology and larval settlement of tube-dwelling polychaete worms (Hydroides dianthus). I then went on to do my Ph.D. at the University of California in Davis, where I researched mechanisms of dispersal and population structuring in a number of crab species. In the past, I have done research on jellyfish, shrimp, corals, sponges, sea slugs, and polychaete worms among others.

I have written numerous articles for online organizations including Reefs.Org and G.A.R.F., and frequent a variety of the marine aquarium list-servers and web boards online where I go by the handle of Biogeek. I have also written feature articles for several of the hobby magazines, including Aquarium.Net, Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Magazine, Marine Fish and Reef USA Annual, Practical Fishkeeping, and Tropical Fish Hobbyist. I currently write a monthly question and answer column (Invert Insights) for Tropical Fish Hobbyist, and alternate with Eric Borneman for the Invertebrate Non-column in Advanced Aquarist's Online magazine.

BTW, here is his own personal website with links to his works:

http://biogeek.ucdavis.edu/rob.html

John Susbilla

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: