NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hi everyone... quick question... I bought some extra DI resin last year when i got the unit and it was sealed and inside another plastic bag and i noticed that with the heat over the summer it sweat a little and there was condensation inside the bag... its the color changing supposed to be green to brown and it is all brown now... jw if it was exhausted somehow or can it still be used??

bimmer01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96%
194   8   0
NYReefer, funny how you posted this thread when I just refilled my DI Resin. The material is suppose to be blueish green. I had some leftovers so I sealed them in a bag and zipped it up. I'm hoping I can reuse it in a yr.

Marteen

Meow?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Perhaps just the surface of the resin oxidized. When you do open the bag check it out to see if the interior resin has changed color as well. If it's all brown it's shot, perhaps it got too hot or there was a leak.

NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ill check it out but i was swishing it around and looks to be all brown and its dry also... i remember seeing some condensation inside the bag but didnt think anything of it..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: