RWM555

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Sailfin tang for 18 months and it died this week. It was very sudden. I noticed him not eating for the first time on Wednesday and he died on Thursday. He looked fine except for some damage to his tail fin. The only other thing that I noticed is that his chest looked drawn it. Up until Wednesday, he was eating like a horse. Everyone else in the tank appears to be doing fine. Any idea what killed my Tang? :?:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RWM555":1uzkpo3j said:
I had a Sailfin tang for 18 months and it died this week. It was very sudden. I noticed him not eating for the first time on Wednesday and he died on Thursday. He looked fine except for some damage to his tail fin. The only other thing that I noticed is that his chest looked drawn it. Up until Wednesday, he was eating like a horse. Everyone else in the tank appears to be doing fine. Any idea what killed my Tang? :?:

I'm sorry, I haven't a clue if it had been healthy up and to that point. Any chance it was hurt by another fish or otherwise had some trauma done to it?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That ganty belly is a hint, makes me wonder about parasitic infection. Without a post-mortem, though, we're really just guessing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: