A

Anonymous

I have a seaclone skimmer on my 55 gal tank. I know it is not a favorite of everyones, but I bought it used from a guy for $10, thinking I would at least be getting a good powerhead. Anyway, I decided to try the skimmer and here is the problem I am having. It produces a THICK, dirty foam that either (1) pushes the top off of the collection cup, or (2) it pushes the foam up through the small whole on the collection cup lid and sits on top of the lid. I must have this adjusted wrong or something. It does not produce any liquid, just this dry foam. It will fill the cup up in about 24 hours. Thanks for any help. BTW, it has been modified some (smaller inner tube, and better air adjuster).

Joe

A

Anonymous

There is another mod that needs to be done that will fix the problem. Use a dremel and cut down the top of the riser tube in the collection cup. It is simply to long and knocks the foam either back down in the skimmer or pushes the lid off.

Zerah
Lawton, OK

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: