JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Your fire shrimp wont attack your coral banded but your coral banded? crap shoot from everyone I know and know of. My cousin had a coral banded never had a problem, as well as my uncle in his tank(they live in same house with a bunch of different tanks) but a friend of mine on here and people in other forums have had aggression problems with theirs and had killed multiple shrimp in their tanks. Good luck with whatever you decide

a9reef

Reef Keeper
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i have a mated pair gold coral branded shrimp housed with a blood shrimp, a pepperiment shrimp, and a mated pair cleaner shrimp in a 58g tank with lots of rock/hiding places.. it's been 6 months and i haven't had problems

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my personal experience I have had a coral banded in my 75 for 4yrs now along with 4 peppermint shrimp and never a problem but I agree with Jimmy1rider I think some people are lucky and some aren't the only time i have ever witnessed aggression from mine is when my cinnamon clown gets to close he waves his claws at him and chases him away from his cave

Jim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have a coral banded in my 90 gal. I used to have 2 blood and 2 cleaner shrimp. I only have 1 blood shrimp left. My coral banded has grown twice the size in about 6 months and has even attacked a few of my fish.

twistedteq

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
+1 Jim ... I was just going to reply on this thread to say I've never had a problem with the coral banded I've had in my tank for about 8 months along with a cleaner shrimp (been in the tank for about 2 years) in a 75g. Funny thing is, as i'm typing i see the coral banded lunge at and grab one of my fish! The fish was able to get free and seems no worse for the wear but looks like ill be taking the coral banded out real soon.

cmor1701d

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a mated pair of CBS that killed any other shrimp that was in or added to the tank. I finally removed them to a smaller tank and ended up giving them away.

Crap shoot with the CBS.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: