akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've used the search function but can't seem to find an answer to this. I have a few polyps of nuclear greens for a few months. About a month ago the polyps started shrinking and became really small. Checked my water conditions and they all seemed in check unless my instant ocean test kit is off. I usually do water changes once a week, but sometimes I get lazy and do it every 2 weeks. Anyone else have this problem?

BrooklynsReefMan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
i had this problem in the beggining of my cycling with button polyps..
the polyps seem to contract alot more then eat less then seem to be fallng of and just look like there evolving into just the rock there on...

i uped my wattage from 65 to 130 and they were back in swing again what size tank yuo ahve

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hm, that happened to me when I got some nukes. Couldn't figure out what to do in time and they 'passed'. Quality was right on...lights were ok...nothing else was harmed. I'll try and pay attn to this thread to see what good responses you get!
--edit
good luck!

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I have a 24 gallon AP. The polyps are "REALLY" small. Can't figure out what the problem is. Thinking of doing a lugols dip but not sure it that will even help. Can barely even see the polyps now and they seem to be always closed.

grisha

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
usually pd and ng getting small in too much light or flow.. if it is not your case try to see a damage to the polyps .. look for a dead heads . if you see that colony is dying - it is a fungus ... remember , dip is a good chance to kill the weak colony ... polyps come and go . sometimes there is nothing you can do about it in the small tank

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Maybe I have too much flow. I have an mj1200 and a tunze 6025 with an HQI sunpod. They still do open up at times but just the polyps are really small. My PD"s are doing ok. Growing it's just the nukes. I really liked my nukes too damn. Sucks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: