thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
There is a type of ge that can use
I have always been scaredy cat and bought tube of aquarium silicone for 11 bucks worth peace of mind. Look it up here few threads on this that can help you out

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
They say any silicon that says its 100% silicon is fine but I don't trust any of them anymore at lowes or Home Depot because they're constantly changing formulas.

Save yourself the headaches and just buy marineland or aqueon silicon. I've used the aqueon a lot on sumps I've built for people with great results an it's sold in smaller tubes or the big caulk gun tubes.

JP57

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

May we ask...why do you need the silicone? Is it due to a leak in the tank or some other reason?

Kathy, I was attaching my overflow box. Because of all of you guys, I decided to drill my tank and opt for the overflow box instead of a hanging box.

I ran out of silicone, and needed to know if I have to go back to the store, or grab what I had in the house. You will all be happy to know that I waited and bought aqua gel.

JP

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: