• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Yeah , but I believe wet is in fact better for true cleaning but it may or may not alter your waters balance , I say this cause someone told me something along those lines once but I'm not sure if it's true , hopefully someone who knows more about this will chime in soon:)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Many different opinions on everything when it comes to this hobby. What works for one, may or may not work for another..

I would suggest you try both, and see how your system does.;) Then you can decide for yourself.:) I've tried both, and dry works better for me.
BTW, I broke my skimmer about a week ago, and my tank last night & today has never looked better.lol Waiting on a new skimmer at the moment once it gets here I'm going to test, and see what happens. I'll run the skimmer for 1 - 2 weeks, and then 1 - 2 weeks off just to see which my reef likes better.;)

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I've been running mine wet for years..I think it pulls more and I don't have to clean it as often....just be aware that it will lower the specific gravity because of the saltwater being removed if the ATO is only adding RO/DI water. This is one of the reasons I use Kalk in mine...

sig45

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Running PM Bullet 3 w/ Blueline 70. Hard to keep it dry. I get foam entire length of column. In past with weaker pump it ran 'dri-er' I still have thick stuff on sidewalls.

Probably doesn't matter as long as you do reg maintenance. I have to clean column 2x per week...that reminds me....

Sig

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: