• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

Bobzarry

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you sit the skimmer next to your tank? Thats how I have mine set up for the same reason. No space in back for a good skimer and no sump. so I put up a small shelf next to the tank for the skimmer to sit on. It took a little trial and error to find just the right hight for the shelf but it has been working great now for over a year

Hope this helps .....Bob

srbayless

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

Check out the Remora and Remora Pro from AquaC. I am not sure how much space they require, but they seem to be the "thinnest" skimmers I have seen.

Good luck,

Scott.

Neal358

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ahve herd good things about the prizam you could put a few on the back and their anoly about three inches wide

grimreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Yet another question. I am looking for a skimmer that will fit on the back of my tank. Unfortunately, I can't move my tank, since it's 100g and full of water. I think there is about 3-4 " of space between the tank and the wall.
icon_sad.gif

I don't have a sump, although I am not opposed to making one. I would have to figure out a way to plumb it and power it with pumps, because I can't drill my tank. So, if I made a sump, I could put a skimmer in there. Any suggestions for this? I am extremely paranoid about flooding my apartment. I guess I will check out the DIY section.

Thanks again!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: