NYCTURBO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I found my snails on my corals 2 times and I think there causing damage should I be concerned I thought snails were safe? There turbo snails I knocked them off twice Any suggestions?

Frankie Marble

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a snail that ate a frag plug of zoas & then moved on to a rock with a colony of mowhawk polyps & wiped it out. I always thought snails to be safe, but I guess some go for polyps. Once I put 2 & 2 together I was able to save a dragon eye colony. Now he resides in the sump.

NYCTURBO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I don't know what ate my torch coral but something did I hope it comes back.I think it was the snail because I found him on top of it twice but it might of been the emerald crab? Or my shrimp I don't know.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Once zoas or other softies weaken or are about to die, they become tasty and not so poisonous. Free game to lots of grazers. stony corals don't have the same kinda meatiness to them.

Frankie, what kind of snail did you have? there are lots of whelks and cone snails that are predatory.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: