• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

As I've mentioned before Charles' TOTM aquascaped tank inspired me to give planted tanks another try. Like any text book obsessive/compulsive I just wouldn't be satisfied with just one tank, so I pretty much took every empty tank I had laying around and made a couple of low tech tanks just to get my feet "wet" again.

Here's a ~3 gallon custom made cube tank
cube209web.jpg

100_6165.jpg

Cube3-02web.jpg

A badly scratched 5.5 gal Mini Bow
7galweb.jpg

And this is a feeble attempt on aquascaping on a 10 gals. AGA
100_6167.jpg

100_6171.jpg

10web302.jpg

They all have a mixture of Eco-Complete and Fluorite Red I had stashed in a bucket for a couple of yrs.. Also the cube and the 10 gals. have a DIY Co2 reactor.

In the future I'm taking my 75 gal Sw and turning it into a planted tank, hopefully this summer.

A

Anonymous

On my way to a meeting in a minute so I just have time for a quick comment now.... Looking good! That 3 gallon tank is really cute. Is that some hairgrass mixed in in the foreground? And I wouldn't call the aquascaping in the 10 gallon feeble by any stretch, it just needs time to grow in. The sagitaria in the foreground should look really good once it fills in. Going for the jungle look on this tank? Looking at the plant choices and picturing a few months growth on them I think it's really going to have the jungle feel.

A

Anonymous

TY Charles, the 10 gallon hopefully will get that jungle look/feeling, but I have to be cautious with letting it be too overgrown. We'll see. ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: