A

Anonymous

I am building a spraybar for the back of my tank, and before I drill the holes I would figure I would ask a few questions. Here goes:

Where is the inlet for your spraybar? End, middle, random distance...

How far apart are the holes?
What size are they?

Are all your holes in a perfect line?

I am making my bar from 3/4" clear acrylic box tube. And since I only have one piece, I don't want to mess it up.

TIA
B

A

Anonymous

I've used 1/2" PVC capped at both ends with the the inlet a PVC tee, holes are drilled by a 1/8 bit and spaced about every 1" or so in a fairly straight line, though you can vary them in any direction you want.
BTW the spraybar is mounted about 2" below the water surface.

Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

I would like to use pvc, but my GF says NO. I see her point, the tanks is gong to be viewable from both sides. That is why all internal plumbing is acrylic...

Thanks
B

cindywennin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the inlet for your spraybar? End, middle, random distance...End

How far apart are the holes? 1"
What size are they? 1/8"

Are all your holes in a perfect line?
random, up, down, angled, this way it keeps things going everywhere and stirred up.
BTW mine are out of 3/4" pvc. It's cheaper
icon_biggrin.gif
My tank is small (24g) and I use a small pump. You may want to adjust size of holes and pump accordingly. You can always swap the pump if it turns out to be too small for a larger one to get better current from the spray bar.
Cindy

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cindy My main return to the tank(100 gal long) is a mak 4. i am probably going to Y it off to my main return and a ball valve goning to the spraybar. Or I may use a mag 9.5 i have...

Thanks
B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: