Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
20150321_155554_zps2mmdoco8.jpg

20150321_155621_zpseeeys1fv.jpg

FTS:

20150321_155613_zpsbap6vy1j.jpg

semi-recent pics.

As you can see at the top right was my wild bonsai which is no longer purple and STN at it's base and now half way up but the upper half is discolored but has PE.

I will show pictures I took like a week or 2 back with all the PE on one of my colonies 2 weeks in my tank and was doing fine that went RTN.

The Garf bonsai broke when something fell on it but has since shows growth over the broken spot with a feeder at top.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
thanks!

Once I can get SPS to grow out, I am going to love the rockwork more with with expected open space and the floating sps. I am hoping I can get to my visionary point and I'll be real happy.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Anyone else have issues with having their SPS color up? If I place them mid-tank or higher they tend to lose color but when I place them on the sand bed. You can see the color coming back pretty quickly. My rockwork is useless if I have to keep them on my sand bed.

I may have to raise my lighting.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Raise the light fixture a few inches,In my case the color came back but I had almost no growth but when I was able to keep some nitrates and phos not at zero for about a month I started to lower the fixture. now they are showing growth. I was in the same boat not knowing if it was the water or the light. I bought a par meter to see how much light they were getting. I have about 300 par on the top sps and 225 on the lower ones. People give much more but this is what my sps are willing to take before they start to loose color again.The only ones that give me trouble now are 2 caps I don't think they like the light increase but everything else is getting better so the caps are gonna have to get used to it. Btw the rock work looks really nice.

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
You should wait on SPS until you start growing coraline algae. Your tank looks way too sterile. I know it's hard to wait but its for the best. Good luck.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Yeah. I'll hold off on buying until reefapoolza which will put my tank a lot closer to 6 months and make sure everything in my tank is set.

I raised by fixture by like 2 inches but will need to modify my tree lamp to raise any higher.

Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
:party::party: nice tank kres!

So what type of SPS should I be OK with at this point? Milleporas? I rather not have birdsnest but I can atleast grow them then trade them out.

Mike

Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I have in previous setups but I was going for more "colorful" sticks and a certain look that stylos and porcilliporas don't fit into my vision.

I prefer milleporas, deepwaters, etc.

I have not seen any stylos or porc that stoood out to me. No must haves.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: