DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I havent connected my chiller yet and have my heaters set to go on at 76.5 n off at 77.9
Ck'd my AC3 graph and noticed a fluctance of +/- 4 degrees.

1) This will be my first SPS Dom tank what is your temp goal for the summer?

2) Is the fluctuation too much? Should it be tighter?

TempAC3%20(Small).jpg

skatezen

If You pick it, Flick it!
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I try to aim for no more than 78?. I would try to tighten it up a bit a chiller will definitely help. +/- 2?. Stability is key.

I would also try to get your readings at the same time each day. Every day your readings are an hour earlier than the previous day. This will skew your graphs over time and not give you and accurate interpretation of you system.

Jeff

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I try to aim for no more than 78?. I would try to tighten it up a bit a chiller will definitely help. +/- 2?. Stability is key.

I would also try to get your readings at the same time each day. Every day your readings are an hour earlier than the previous day. This will skew your graphs over time and not give you and accurate interpretation of you system.

Jeff

tHANKS Jeff

I'm gonna install the chiller tomorrow before Saturdays 80+ temp weekend.
and set the heaters to 77 n off @ 78.5
Chiller on at 80 off at 79
I dont want over lap, so i figure it'll hover without mechanical intervention btwn 78.5 n 79.
What do you think?

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
harry for my 180 sps dom tank in the winter i keep it at 76 and even now is still at 78 at all time but in the summer time i dont like to over work my chill so i slowly up the temper to 80-81 and so far so good u have to worry about night time though since it will cool down and u dont want to drop too much maybe by 2 at most

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
harry for my 180 sps dom tank in the winter i keep it at 76 and even now is still at 78 at all time but in the summer time i dont like to over work my chill so i slowly up the temper to 80-81 and so far so good u have to worry about night time though since it will cool down and u dont want to drop too much maybe by 2 at most

Yes this is very helpful

thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ideally you should be around 77. But most important is stability as previous posters mentioned. Keeping a slightly higher baseline temp that is consistent is favorable over larger swings with a deviation of +-3 degrees.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: