Wannabreefer

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so fasinated by marine setups so im gonna change from freshwater to keeping a reef tank. Only thing is i dont know to much.
Since many of you have great setups can you help me out with what equipment i need,basics, and any thing else you might think is usefull.

Its a 38 gallon aquarium.

Thanks

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
First,you need to do as much research as you can and first think what type of filtration you're going to use.Obviously your tank is not drilled but that's okay.You can use a hang on skimmer.Depends on your budget.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Definitely start with researching. For instance try to figuer out what you think you would really like your tank to look like. What animals would you like to keep? Fish, corals, bare bottom, sand bottom.etc.,etc..,
And even more important; How much $$$$$ can you or are you willing to spend? Not just on the initial output, but with the continued up keep of it. Just one example; some corals such as SPS require MH (metal halide) which will cost a great deal more to run then other lights.

BTW, don't worry that you didn't get many responces with your initial post. You will get tons of help as your questions become a bit more direct....;)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: