Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the reef game. I have a 90 gallon FOWLR. What size sump would I have to run for it to be the most efficient? Can I also use two Aqua Clear 70 power heads for water flow for the corals??

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
do the largest that you can fit under your stand... which will probably be something around 36"... so maybe a 40 or 50 breeder if you can fit it under. or if you can go into your basement or another room... do something larger.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
do the largest that you can fit under your stand... which will probably be something around 36"... so maybe a 40 or 50 breeder if you can fit it under. or if you can go into your basement or another room... do something larger.

+1
Go with a 40B if you have a metal stand.
But most stand unless custom made will only fit a 30L.
If you have more space then heck what ever you can, BIG is always BETTER in this sense :)

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
For a fowlr you don't need anything to fancy for flow. As long as you have decent water movement. As far as light it really depends on how you want it to look. The thing is one day YOU will want to start with corals. If you have all the right equipment in place now it's just less to do later IMO.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: