Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi guys, I got 2 tangs, one yellow tang and one hippo tang (both very young and very small). I was wondering if its ok that I feed them things like lettuce and baby spinach leaves. I also feed them flakes for the nutrition.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hi guys, I got 2 tangs, one yellow tang and one hippo tang (both very young and very small). I was wondering if its ok that I feed them things like lettuce and baby spinach leaves. I also feed them flakes for the nutrition.

As stated the best feed are items that can be found in their natural habitats. this like seaweed, gracilera and any sea based foliage that they will eat, are the best. I understand some feed things like lettuce and carrots but when was the last time you saw these items in the ocean. Best to stick with Ocean based algae and and a few meaty items. Vitamins and minerals also.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
seaweed is preferred if you do feed food from supermarket just make sure its organic cuz if it is not organic it was grown with fertilizers that give your tank phosphates and nitrates

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: