Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I bought this zoa yeesterday on a little chunk of rock. I put it in a coral dip and nothing but pods came racing out.

After putting it in the tank I notices this white tentacle looking thing, actually the are a few of them all over the rock but not attached to each other. they are like 1.5 inches long. I thought it could be a worm of sorts? I see a TINY little white casing - very very tiny - and this SEEMS to be coming out of it? no feather duster just the wormy tentacle.

I have tons of baby feather dusters all over my rocks and even spinoid worms but never have seen this white thing come out of it.

Also saw a tiny starfish, I read mixed revies on this asterina, it was just one should I remove it?

DSC05541.jpg

see it moved a little - also bottom left the tiny starfish
DSC05540.jpg

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
There are 6,000 different types of marine worms - he looks harmless - just ignore him.

The star fish..I'd take that one out.
He looks to have a 'hue' to him, usually either blue or green. The ONLY asterinas I trust are the white/beigh colored ones. Any with a slight 'color' to them are questionable. Some DO eat zoas :(

Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Great another worm in my tank! LOL I hate any kind of worm except the feather duster or coco worms. :)

As for the starfish, I think he only looks tinted bc of the blue from the phoenix bulb he is actually beigish white. I am keeping on eye out for him so I can take him out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: