eddi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry if this is a dumb question, but does anyone make a digital test for water parameters such as calcium, alk, ammonia, etc? I have a very hard time matching the color in the test vial. Is it the correct shade, is it lighter, darker????

A test that displays a message similar to 'HEY IDIOT, YOUR AMMONIA IS TOO HIGH!' would be ideal!

Eddi

reefhope

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test kits are you using? Some of them are difficult to interpret. I had problems with Red Sea so I switched to Salifert-much easier and much more accurate.

Nathan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the digital alk/ca test kit that Penn State uses for their 500g setup (thanks Sanjay, and Class of 1999).

It's basically a glass vial that you add tank water to and place in a device that reads the result through a photo sensor. Depending on the light transmitted through the liquid, it gives the result. At least that's how the guy explained it to me. It's a hand held device but it's expensive.

As far as I know, there is no device similar to a pH probe for ca and alk.

-Nathan

Nathan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a photo of HACH digital alkalinity meter:
titrate1.jpg

titrate2.jpg

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Nathan ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: