Cvaughn1062

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
ok so I buy gobies and they disappear, is it possible that my big brittle star is a gobie slayer? nothing else in my tank is really aggressive except for my clown fish but I don't think hes acutally killing anything just making shure nobody comes by his BTA, other than that nothing is really aggressive though I have a scopas tang a red scooter blenny and that's it. I haven't been feeding a lot because I have a bit of a diatom bloom in my tank maby my brittle is just getting a little on the desperate side. Any thoughts? I really want to be able to add some more small fish to my tank but at this rate 60 bucks later im scared to add anything before resolving my issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If this is what you have it can definitely be eating stuff

Attachments

• greenbrittle.jpg
    greenbrittle.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 341

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they are gone? Depending on rock lay out could be under ground. I once lost a goby for 3 months. Then one day there he was coming out for feedings.

Cvaughn1062

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
no im shure there gone, the 2 watchmen I had lived under this 1 rock, so after not seeing them for a while I lifted it and they were nowhere to be found, and the yasha gobie was even bbigger and I just pulled my aquascape apart to be shure, setting up a new tank with a refugium so that guys gunna get the boot to the refugium or maby back to the pet store if he keeps it up, im relatively displeased with the disposition of some of the stuff ive put in this tank , im going to have to research more, I wanted a clownfish to go into my BTA so I got a pair of these clowns, at first the big one was really mean, so I removed him, now the smaller one has become the bully and im frustrated, I guess I need to be less impulsive

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Does your tank have a cover? they could be jumping hitting the floor and then flapping underneath something tanks stand etc...

Oh i just noticed you bought my old tank! did you transfer everything over yet?

Cvaughn1062

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
my tank right now does have a cover its the RSM 250, and your tank just got a vinegar bath, and it got a mp40 and a ev120 protein skimmer hooked up to it, my ro system does 90gallons a day so it should have salt water in it by tonight!!! The 57 is my redemption for how quickly I set up my rsm im gunna take my time and aqauscape it with dry rock and only use live rock in the sump, I think I have a worm in my rsm :( gunna sit there with a flashlight tonight and try to find the sucker. The nasty clownfish and the brittle star are now in my 6 gallon fluval edge tank that I use as a quarantine and there gunna go back to the LFS unless anyone wants em for free.

Cvaughn1062

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
And im no longer transferring, im kinda just gunna have them both setup loll, this hobby becomes addictive. ever since I took apart my 30 gallon Ive been kicking myself, so since I have the money and im young and have pretty much zero responsibility except work and my bills and my roommate seems to get a kick out of the tanks im gunna be keeping the rsm, the RSM will be a mixed reef "display tank" and the 57 will be more of a frag or propagation tank were ill grow some hign end zoas, pallys, chalices favias etc.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: