• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

liverock

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Thinking of getting a new light, right now I have an 8 bulb current t5. I am thinking of getting an ati sunpower. Should I get a 4,6,8 bulb fixture. Its going on a 90 gal mixed reef mostly LPS and softies with a few easier SPS. Any help in my decision would be appreciated. Also is the dimmable model worth the $130. I am also slightly considering a reefbreeders led. Help me please.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
6 bulb is more then enough, eight bulb is better because amount of variations you can use in bulbs, and you will notice a huge differance in light output, the ati 6 bulb will be alot brighter then your current 8 bulb. if $ isnt the issue then go with the dimmable

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Dimmable meaning you can lower the intensity of the bulbs on the fixture. The ati is a par monster meaning it will put out alot more light hence par and bring out colors and growth of the corals.

Now with this being said you could keep the same high of the fixture as the hight of your current fixture just not have the bulbs super intense. Which for a mixed reef is the best. You will not burn the softies and the sps will be happy.

I must say excellent choice of light and you can't go wrong.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: