reef lover7

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I only have some pineapple sponges in the overflow... now even in my tank has lot of these tiny white starfish like... I wonder if its bad or any suggestion ? Thx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Reefs

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
They are probably asternia stars if they are small and on your glass.

They are known to eat zoas. I usually pluck them off of the glass at night and the morning.

Harlequin shrimp are known to eat them. But the prob is that a harlequin will only eat starfish and may starve after it cleans them all up.

Do they look like this?
asterinas2.jpg

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0

felix tesler

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Will harlequin shrimp be safe in with scarlet hawk fish?

get a big female harly shrimp and intoduce the shrimp to the sand right away if the shrimp is bigger then the mouth is on the fish then you shouldent have a problem i have kept harles for a long time most fish will leave them alone and as delicate as they look they can get very protective my harly pinched me one time because i tryed to take a star away from it i pair is always nice i dont feed it much people think its like crazy feed but i give is one sand sifter every three weeks its also cool to watch them eat

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Have had them in my tank for about a year and a half.. I havent noticed any ill effects from them or harming coral in any way.

They were getting up there in numbers though..so to reduce the numbers I took a net and scraped them off the glass each morning for about 3 or 4 days. I removed approximately 75 of these stars and since then have noticed the population drop.

Should it become a problem again I would do the same thing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: