Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
It's incredible how I have a wide variety of corals, from softies to sps and clams and they all thrive. I've bought I think around four frags of dif types of torches and they never thrive in my system !
What going on!?
Is there something I'm not aware of!? Lol

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
maybe too much flow where you place the coral?
sometimes I have to move around a new coral a few times to find the right spot for it.

There is very little flow where it is at the moment
He's located right in the middle of the tank half way up
So it's gets enough light and flow I'm guessing since they don't like aggressive flow

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
how often do you do water chagnes?

I've feed my own 1/2"-1" pieces of silversides without issues so if u want to attempt something bigger, you may give that a try. For me it was easier than mysis for a few reasons.

Is it possible that you have them too close to something like an Elegance or Hydnophora?

What type of lighting are u using?

Also, if you do have aggressive corals in the tank and flow mainly goes in one direction, than maybe put the most aggressive coral at the end of that stream so it's sweepers can't sting anything that is downstream of it.

Last edited:

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
This is my tank
And the torch is right in the middle of the tank
I do water changes every two weeks
Sometimes three
15-20 gallons
The total water volume should be around
100 gallons

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1335644539.055668.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1335644539.055668.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 81
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1335644673.581185.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1335644673.581185.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 81

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
ribbon eel is jaw dropping awesome one of my favorites for many years. I have the same problem with zoas, they just don't live with me. Have you considered some sort of chemical warfare these corals fight for space with sweeper tentacles and other weapons, is the next to an agressive coral

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: