BlackMoor

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am set on getting a trigger for my tank. Presently I have a 54 gallon with a 15 gallon +- refugium. ! maroon clown, one small hippo tang a yellow tang and a 6 line wrasse. Alot of fish I know but, I want one. I have 4 mexican turbos, tons of hermit and smaller snail combos, 2 emerald crabs and 2 strawberry crabs and a banded shrimp. What trigger will be a good candidate for this tank??? If things go well I will set up a dedicated tank for the trigger at a later point in time. Thanks

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
doubt anyone will recommend any more fish for you as the one's you have in there now should be in a bigger tank( both tangs ) and most triggers will eat all your inverts

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Blue Throat aka Blue Jaw but they are very messy eaters (as most triggers are) and along with all that tang poop your going to have some serious water quality issues. I'd get a bigger tank or lose some fish.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
as mentioned I wouldn't add any more fish because of the water quality issue you will have. A small niger will be OK, but they do get more aggressive as they get larger and the blue throat/pink tails need larger tanks. They are "reef safe" in that they won't bother corals, but they have been know to eat cleaner shrimp and small crabs/hermits.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: