• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Sanchez2896

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I just recently began my Red Sea max 130 build. Up and going with 3 bonded snow flakes , watermelon anemone and some snails and hermits. I had a nice price of rock with nice purple coraline and the turbo cleaned it all up. Are they got good for the nano tanks ? Should I give home away or keep it. He eats up all the purple.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 339

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
How long have you had it running? I bought live rock with a lot of coralline algae on it but it died off in my new tank. I think it was the combination of the transportation time and a tank that wasn?t established yet. It started growing back after 4 months or so and my turbo snails haven?t picked at it. They?ve done a great job of cleaning in my tank; I have several of them. If you?d like for the coralline to spread, regular water changes will help. This will replenish the calcium, alkalinity sources it needs to grow.

I?d be more worried about the 3 clowns you have. I remember when I first started reading up on the hobby, I wanted to have several clownfish in my tank but kept coming across how bad of an idea it was. If you bought the 3 snowflakes from the same clutch and they?re still juvenile they may get along well for now but it may change at some point. One of them will morph into a female and once a pair is formed, there will be an odd man out. The pair will get territorial and be aggressive towards the third.

I know some people on here have more than 2 clowns but they seem to have a pretty large tank. It may be difficult to keep the 3 clowns in your 29 gallon. Talk to some of the other members here that have been successful in keeping more than a pair and maybe they can provide some advice. Otherwise, you may want to consider selling one of them while they?re still getting along. Good luck

Sanchez2896

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Thanks again nandez...I always appreciate this site for the simple fact that everyone is so helpful..the 3 clowns was a type O lol I only have 2 and they are bonded. Yea I had an awesome rock that the anemone was on when I bought it like I said y turbo are it up. I have had the tank running 3 months and before that the guy I got it from had it running for over 1 1/2 yrs ...

Sanchez2896

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was given the tank with the sand and live rock...and water...I let it cycle a little longer cause I was out of town. Now I'm in town and slowly trying to add things little by little. Won't do to much more. Maybe some frogspawn and some pulsing Xenia. An a goby or blenny. The clowns are super territorial especially the bigger female. She goes right after my Hand when I try to fix any rocks lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: