Jim54

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to add about 20lbs of LR. Currently have a combination of Figi and Kelani. I am looking at Caribbean Rock from eTropical (Foster and Smith). Their price shipped is quite reasonable comes to about $4.50 per pound. So anybody have any experience with this type of rock and will it mix well with the other rock????? :? By the way I have about 40-45 pounds of Lr in a 55 gallon already.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have read, the Carribean rock is quite dense, heavy and loaded with Carribean hitchikers, pistol shrimps come to mind as one of the bad ones I have read about alot of good ones as well though. ALOT of reefers with fiji etc dont like to mix the two. If you want to set up a more carribean type coral scheme go for it. Otherwise I would recommend following the pack and stick with more of what you already have. As you may already know, sometimes saving a few bucks in this hobby can give less than undesirable results.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: