slojmn1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally took some current pictures of growth of some of my frags and updated my "Progress" page on my website. I added some pics of new frags. Here are a few examples of growth pics...

Pink Pocillopora 3/25/01
pink_pocillopora_32501_small.jpg

Pink Pocillopora 10/30/01
pink_pocillopora_103001_small.jpg

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: slojmn1 ]</p>

Quiverfull

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slojmn1:

Nice pics! I was crusing your website and looking at your sump design... Do you have your tubing from your overflows emptying into some type of jar submerged in the sump? I noticed on your effluent drip attachment that the tank drain line appears to be entering a jar of some sort. I am currently trying to quiet down my drain to sump since it seem to bubble alot and sounds like a boiling pot. I have a Stockman silencer on my overflow that keeps the overflow relatively quiet but the sump is loud. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quiverfull

slojmn1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quiverfull, yes I do have my lines draining into a large plastic sphagetti container we had sitting up in the cupboard gathering dust. I did this for two reasons. It helps to cut down on bubbles coming from my Durso standpipe and it helps contain bags of carbon when I run it in the system The bag sits there and all the water runs through it to some degreee. Certainly not as efficient as a canister filter with carbon in it, but a very good replacement. To help with the boiling. bubbling sound I have both lines part way under the water line and part above the water line, this was a trick to get it that way but I finally was able to prop them in a certain way. It works really well, this lets the air out.

chris_h, the pocillopora came from Dr. Mac. excellent place to get coral frags.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: