• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So I was wondering.. About how long of a cycle should I expect to face with my new upgrade (6g Nanocube to 20g long)

When..

1) I use majority of water from the Nanocube...

2) About 35lbs of fully cycled rock tha has been sitting in a bin for over 4 months

And also

3) Is it advisable to transfer the sand from my nanocube as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
So I was wondering.. About how long of a cycle should I expect to face with my new upgrade (6g Nanocube to 20g long)

When..
1) I use majority of water from the Nanocube...
2) About 35lbs of fully cycled rock tha has been sitting in a bin for over 4 months
And also
3) Is it advisable to transfer the sand from my nanocube as well?
1. IMO, use it, but won't affect it
2. fully cycled, how? just sitting in a bin?
3. yes, but I'd clean it first (in salt water)

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yup the LR has powerheads in the bin and heater.

The rock was originally in my FOWLR then when I broke it down it went into the bin.

Albano when you say wash... Make a fresh batch of SW and then swoosh it around? Lol

Thanks for the quick response guys! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Albano when you say wash... Make a fresh batch of SW and then swoosh it around? Lol
Yes, (if swooshing is done with a PH) but you can also use some of the water from the original tank...the point is, don't use fresh (non-salt) water, or you will kill off the 'good' bacteria.
BTW...you'll need to have extra salt water made in advance of the upgrade, anyway!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: