Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I been running my uv since i have a fowlr. 24/7.
I know that "if is not broken. Dont fix it ". But im curious. Is the uv killing my pods or they will make it thru it??.
Been trying to keep some pods in hopes of getting a mandarin but i dont see any after a couple of bottle of tigger pods.
How do u guys run yours. Should i turn it off at nite ??.
Thanks in advance

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
With the pods, Im not exactly sure if it wipes them out completely or not. I know people with FOWLRS that have UV+ living pods and some who do not. But I would assume whatever's alive that passes through UV would die. I also know that UV helps tremendously with water clarity and suppositly helps with algae. I would honestly not turn it off at night, I'd keep it running if I were you.

Perhaps buy a bottle of pods (ReefNutrition is the best) and just throw in some pods manually at feeding time for the mandarin.

drej424

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I ordered pods from reefs2go.com. It made a huge difference in the number of pods in my tanks. They sent me a lot more than they advertised. I also wanted to build up the population for a mandarin.

Denise

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: