bamaboy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked my water it's reading like this ph=8.4 nh3/nh4=clear no2= clearno3=clear the alk 3.6 is this to high cal=400 temp=78 this is a 90gal tank salt=1.025 I have just a little hair algae but can't grow any coralline aglae what do I need to do to get some growing in my tank the tank been up for 2yrs now lights are vho the test reading come from red sea test kit please help if can my email is [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

CraigBingman

Most Ancient Reef Chemist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You indicated that your water parameters are as follows:

ph=8.4
nh3/nh4=clear
no2= clear
no3=clear
alk 3.6
is this to high?
cal=400
temp=78
this is a 90gal tank
salt=1.025

I don't see any obvious problem here, assuming that the units of alkalinity are 3.6 meq/L.

Without knowing more about the test kits you are using, I don't know how to interpret the nitrate results. What concentration is "clear" supposed to correspond to?

Additionally, if you are having difficulty getting coralline algae to grow, I would suggest that you monitor phosphate in your reef tank. Excessively high phosphate will pretty much shut down coralline growth in a reef aquarium.

The hair algae issue probably has more to do with biological issues than with water quality. You need to find a critter that will eat hair algae.

Craig

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: