ivandrago

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Happy Saturday girls and guys, can you please help me and take a look at the pictures that i have attached.
The first picture is my live rock that has been in the tank for about 5 months i have found some weird tentacles growing out of it to be exact three, on the picture you can only see 2 they are clear with black stripes i call them zebras.

The second picture is a combo rock that i bought from maximum reef aquatics, and it has some tenticles growing from under the polyps.

Is this Aiptasia?

Attachments

• zebra tentacles.JPG
    zebra tentacles.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 407
  • weird hair growing.JPG
    weird hair growing.JPG
    520 KB · Views: 393

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
the first pic looks like little brittle star tentacles and the other pics look like nudibranch tentacles. If you pick up the rock on the first pick, you may see the brittle star

ReefFreak1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't dip that. It looks like a type of worm that will start to build tubes out of your sand bed and eat crap off of it too. I have these clear tube worms all over and there's about two to four tentacles with each. All over my reef tank. Just part of the clean up crew.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I was afraid that it would be....

Don't dip that. It looks like a type of worm that will start to build tubes out of your sand bed and eat crap off of it too. I have these clear tube worms all over and there's about two to four tentacles with each. All over my reef tank. Just part of the clean up crew.

A zoa eating nudibranch

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
You should be OK

I googled nudibranch and it doesn't look like it, it's more like just like hair follicles that are just sticking up an feeding on what flows in the water

I have those same things in my sand bed. I thought the worst as I usually do. They act as a clean up crew as per the previous post.

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top pic looks like aiptasia to me. Get rid of it quick before it takes over your tank. Aiptasia x will work on just a few. Beyond that check out one of the many threads on this topic

ivandrago

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Reeffreek1 thanks you were right these are like tubes and they have the hair hanging straight up I made the polyps curle in and there it was a clear hard tube and the sucker hid in it, there are few of these, nice I would like to know what they are called. any ideA.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: