Twisted

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I have a rescue wells that has detached from its skeleton and am not sure what to do. It was given to me in really bad shape and after a few days detached. It has great color but I don't know where to go at this point. Should I rubber band it to a rock to keep it stable? ATM its on the sand bed in a spot it won't blow around. Here's a pic
45f8301c-1514-59d0.jpg

Twisted

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wont use a rubber band but maybe some netting to hold it to a piece of rock and maybe it will attach? but you are risking nuking your tank if it doesn't heal.

They can nuke a tank? I didn't know that. If there is a chance it will heal, it should in mine. It's a very stable environment with nothing to bother it. I wasn't sure if once they detach if there was a chance of making it. I guess I'll give it some time on the sand move some rubble under it and keep an eye on my params

Twisted

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird that it would detach. If you have any tangs,angels or hermits they will probably destroy that coral. So be careful. What else is living in your tank?

The coral came from another tank. It was very neglected an params in this guys tank were atrocious.Mine only has a pair of clowns. It's actually doing quite well. My hermits haven't gone near it and other than not having a skeleton, it looks great. I spot fed some oysterfeast and it reacted just like my wells I've had for years. This is the tank it's in
aefc51d0-fe7e-3965.jpg

I found an article on elegance coral doing the same when water params were very poor. They can survive but never regrow the shell. No info on wells though that I can find

Last edited:

Twisted

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wild,

I'd be curious to see if it generates a new one.

House

Other than not having a skeleton, it behaves just like my other one. I've noticed small white growths ,or what appear to be, forming in the bottom of it. Lol, weird things happen in my tanks. I also have a red planet that was dead for over a year and the rock it was on was buried until I moved everything from my 180 into the 40 breeder. It's now back to life with awesome color and growth. Now known as zombie planet....lmao

Twisted

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update
The wells is still doing well. I haven't done anything special for it and it is holding color and eating what falls its way.

Twisted

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for you. What happened to the old skeleton. Did anything start growing on it. And can you tell if this one started growing one.

The skeleton got algae on it so i tossed that. It looks like there is growth starting underneath but it's hard to tell. I didn't know if it would grow a new skeleton or it would stay as a wellsoblob.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: