jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I finally added two Black Clowns to my tank yesterday and while in Aquarium Village the AV guy fed the clowns what he called "chum". The AV guy (great crew there) rattled off quickly the ingredients but I didn't catch it but I think I want to feed my clowns whatever is in the chum.

Can anyone share their chum mixture with me or am I better off trying to get them to stick with the pellets/OSI flake food? I am certainly going to call AV later and hopefully they share their mixture with me but the clowns devoured the chum.

Thanks,

Joe

Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hi

The secret in the "chum" is we use whatever frozen food is open in the store freezer.JK

It usually consists of Garlic,PE Mysis, Nutramar, Cylopleeze, and S/A Hatchery Diet pellets. Defrosted silversides and frozen blood worms sometimes are tossed in for larger fish. We tried Rod's food the other day and that was also a big hit

On my own tanks at home I use a good pellet food as a staple for growth and the frozen foods as treats. I have also found that adding Vitamin C to the food has clearly made a difference to the angelfish and tangs I keep

Hope this helps, have fun!!!!!

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi

The secret in the "chum" is we use whatever frozen food is open in the store freezer.JK

It usually consists of Garlic,PE Mysis, Nutramar, Cylopleeze, and S/A Hatchery Diet pellets. Defrosted silversides and frozen blood worms sometimes are tossed in for larger fish. We tried Rod's food the other day and that was also a big hit

On my own tanks at home I use a good pellet food as a staple for growth and the frozen foods as treats. I have also found that adding Vitamin C to the food has clearly made a difference to the angelfish and tangs I keep

Hope this helps, have fun!!!!!

Thank you very much for replying and sorry for posting this originally in the wrong forum.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: