JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw 2 Scott Michael books -
Marine Fishes: 500+ Essential-To-Know Aquarium Species ISBN:1890087386 and

Reef Fishes, Vol 1: A Guide to Their Identification, Behavior, & Captive Care ISBN:1890087211

Many board members speak very highly of Scott Michael, but which is your prefered book?

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: JohnD ]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Reef Fishes vol. 1 is eventually gonna be a series of 3 volumes and when complete it will be the Bible as the books go into very detailed all incompusing info. Unfortunately is may be other year or two to be complete.
As a very well written concise pocketbook Marine Fishes 500+........... is the best that's out there IMO though obviously it only deals with most commonly found Marine Fish.

Regards,
David Mohr

Green Lantern

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What David said. I love both. I use the pocket guide all the time but really enjoyed reading Reef Fishes. I can't wait for part two.

gazpep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only got the small "500 +" book, but find it very useful when considering adding a fish to my set up.

Eventually will add the "Reef Fishes" but I've bought a lot of other books in the past 6 months so I'll slow it up lest I work out just how much I've spent.

Macimage1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 500+ book is really useful when you go shopping for new fish.

I love Reef Fish Vol. 1; the section, 50+ pages, on anthias is the best there is. Can't wait for Vols. 2 & 3.

You won't go wrong with either one. Kinda depends on what your needs are right now.

Joyce

mlundstrom

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both books. I take the 500 fishes to the LFS's I visit and read the other for more detailed info. When Reef 2 comes out I will be quickly in line to get it. The publishers website Microcosm says it will be out soon.
icon_biggrin.gif

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the replies. As a start, I just ordered the Marine Fishes: 500+... book from Amazon.com.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: