destinationlunar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of anemone am i? Was given this one when i got my tank there are 3 of them in my tank and they have split a few times just wondering what kind it was and cant seem to find one that looks like it at all on the net can someone help me with this. Trying to keep track of everything in the tank so if people ask I can tell them exactly what it is.

anemone2.jpg

anemone1.jpg

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not a big anemone guy, but looks kinda like E. quadricolor (or how ever its spelled). Bubble tip anemone.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be a spoil sport but it appears like your anemone is bleaching, loosing it's color. Which means it isn't healthy... and the fact that it's splitting also means it's not healthy.

What type of lighting do you have?

destinationlunar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
knowse":1kl1f0rw said:
Not to be a spoil sport but it appears like your anemone is bleaching, loosing it's color. Which means it isn't healthy... and the fact that it's splitting also means it's not healthy.

What type of lighting do you have?

Yes i know he was pretty sick. I Adopted him the guy that had him and his 2 split pieces. He had him in a tank with no light on. And when he did have the light on it was a small power compact with old bulbs. I took him and he is in my tank now he is starting to get his color back. Not sure what color he is supposed to be but he is turning kinda a peach color now. Both the little guys are snow white though. Not sure why if you could shed some light on that. I am looking to get them back healthy again.

Right now im running 4 24inch actinic's with 1x 250 metal halide on a 100 Gallon corner tank with a bow front. He is alot happier but he is gonna need alot of time to get back into shape. when I got him his 2 splits were hiding under live rock not even out on the top where they could get light now they are out blown up really big and happy. Been feeding them small pieces of krill that they are eating good so hope everything with them turns out good. I felt so bad for them when i saw there tank. Im sure the amonia was through the roof in the tank. It was just pure neglect really. But hopefully they will be ok.

If you can throw some suggestions on what I can do to make him better pls do.

Here is a video of them in there new home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeU2ELAQJCg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long had they been without high levels of light? - They could be stressed from too much light now too.

Do they feed at all? (And do they keep what they feed on down??)

Also, on a different tangent, how long have you had those two different species of clowns together in there??

destinationlunar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GratefulDiver":3guajh4d said:
How long had they been without high levels of light? - They could be stressed from too much light now too.

Do they feed at all? (And do they keep what they feed on down??)

Also, on a different tangent, how long have you had those two different species of clowns together in there??

I Did not expose them right to the full force of the lights slowly aclimated them to it. They are eating just fine now and keeping it down. I Feed them Frozen Krill I tried silversides but they don't seem to like them (IE Won't Eat Them) but with the krill they love it. Now with the new light they seem to be thriving they are blown up more and seem to be getting bubble tips back. they were frail and looked close to death before and still are a bit frail. now they seem to want to come out by the light and are open wide once the light goes on in the morning. As far as the clowns I have had them for 6 months or so. no problems. The maroon hosts the big anemone and he feeds it the little guy just does not seem to be interested in the anemone at all. or maybe the others are just not big enough for him not sure but they do fine and don't fight. Have to get a pic of them both in it never thought that would happen. 2 different species in the same anemone but the one just does not seem to want to stay he goes in there for 5 minutes or so them leaves. The maroon clown is more aggressive towards my hand then he is towards the other clown. He bites me when I feed the corals

Not too sure how long they were without light or little light. He had a coralife 24" Power compact but not too sure when and how long it was on every day but I think we can both agree that was not enough for a 100g tank. But before they did not even want to be in the light now there out in it. Have not seen them move around much but there is a high flow of water in that tank so maybe they just don't feel like it ? This guy had a jury rigged protein skimmer. no biological filter or refugium or trickle filter he was basically using a 10 gallon aquarium with the protein skimmer in it. Venturi Valve was broken off the pinwheel pump and he had an air hose sitting in front of the pinwheel pump intake. LMAO And that was not even working really. I'm sure there not used to having 0 Ammonia 0 Nitrate 0 Nitrite. It was just a sad situation for them all together. I hope they get better :cry: But the clown sure loves him he spends all his time in their fluffing him up. And he shares more food with the anemone than he eats himself. I got all the live rock from the guy also it was infested with hair algae and now my CUC is mowing it down I'm sure the water conditions is making it allot better also. Have a Refugium with macro algae in it seems to be growing like a weed now. Also the coralline is sprouting all over the rock so that is good. Slowly but surely the anemone will be coming back to life. Not sure how long they would have made it in the conditions they were in. Should have tested some of his water but I didn't but I'm sure that it was crappy.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me...what I would do is get some Selcon and soak any and all foods in it... chop (fine) some uncooked shrimp, fish, crab, squid and anything else ... mix with the selcon and then feed your anems... it will make your skimmer go crazy. Also adjust how much flow goes over them...if you can, try to get all three in the same spot...it's easier to care for them that way but by no means stress them any more than they are to get them there.... or you could place all of them in an in-tank refugium (I used a fish breeder). It'll take time but they can recover.

destinationlunar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K ill give that a try an see what happens. they are not too far apart from each other now but the big one has his spot and dont want to move him and take the risk of stressing him more. But ill start with his diet and go from there. They all look 100% better than the pictures above now.

Thanks for the tips :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: