saltnmyeye

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, I need help identifying a worm. I didnt see it, my wife did. She said it came out of a rock last night. It has a pink head and some little fuzzy thingies on it. She said it was smaller around than a pencil. As soon as I can get a pic I will. Any ideas? I was thinking bristle worm, but I did a search and none of what we came up with looked like what she saw. Thanks once again. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are so many different type of worm it is very difficult to give any helpful hint from your description... did you check the hitchhacker forum and see if you find anything that fit well?

saltnmyeye

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we checked the hitchhiker faq's, and also the library, and nothing fit. My wife says it looked like one of those fuzzy caterpillars, but flattened out and with a pink head.????? I havent seen it yet. It stays in the rock. Believe me, when I do see it rdo will be the first to know.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure sounds like a bristleworm or fireworm to me. Try weighing down a little chunk of squid or something similar and see if it'll come out for that. Also, great trick is to use red lighting after lights out, thats when they're most prone to show themselves. Remember, science is still busy with describing stuff, and even if it's been described/identified, it may not have made its way into our archives yet.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id agree with sea maiden...more then likely a bristleworm...I have them in my tank too...Ive been told they're a nuissance and ive also been told(read) they can be beneficial....???

8)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not believe that ya all fell for this! She was talkin about his "worm". :lol: Ok Ok........at least thats the way I see it. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would sound like a case of crabs with fuzzy things on it...If thats his "worm"....

Eric Oslund

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AS far as I can tell it sounds like a bristle worm they do make traps for them.. check at your local store. Whatever you do do NOT touch the cute little spiny " thingys" unless you like extreeme pain, okay? Your local aquarium pet store will tell you how to set it up ( the trap)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it's gigantic leave it in there. Even though some would never admit it, they are beneficial to your tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: