vp39

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like probably fire worms, or couls be even brisstle worms. You should go to LFS and get the trap they sell for this. Did you check the LR also? sometimes the adults of these can be buried in the rock. Fire worms are bad news to fish. Bristle worms are not much better either.
Glenn

vp39

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot. If you check the tank again and see some larger worms coming out of the rocks post it and I can tell you what to do with the adults as well.

bezzer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe,
sounds like bristle worms or possibly flat worms to me.
Bristle worms were once thought to be a bad thing in an aquarium but have since been discovered as benifical. Bristle worms stir up and sift substrate and in LSB they are most desirable. Bristle worms are mostly scavengers although there are some, like the "fire worm" that are preditory.
I suggest you do a quick search on this forum of the topic bristle worms and believe me you'll find plenty of information.
HTH,
Brian

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: bezzer ]

clamcrazy

king of all clams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 90 gal. fish only tank,just before i came down to check on my new Eel.i wait till the lights are out for a while and use a flash light to see him,he only comes out in the dark.when i shined the flash light into the tank i saw a few tiny worms on the glass.they are to small to get a picture of.the only thing i can tell you is they are very smal and the color is a redish brown.what could they be and are they any danger to my fish.can they attack gills or anything like that.
icon_confused.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: