A

Anonymous

Hi Glenn,

How much did you pay for the skimmer, and from where. The review you linked was helpful and intersting, but I did not see the size pump required for the skimmers. Which pump are you going to use with yours?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

i ordered a euro with a rio pump not that long ago and have never recieved it but yesterday jason contacted me and said euro has discontinued euro with a rio pump, because it was causing more trouble then it was worth. they just designed a smaller skimmer cs6-1 rated i think for 100 gal this is with a sedra/sen pump which i am putting on my 55.three hundred is the going price for anyone who wants to know.

Ashley

A

Anonymous

hey,

uh..the "venturi" is really a beckett pond foamer #1408 that you can get from aquatic ecosystems as well. I think it is like 15.00 its what HSA and the Bullet skimmer use for their air injection. It's a cool piece of equipment, but remember, that you are going to need a good sized pump (iwaki 4 or greater) to get it to really foam up good. you will probably end up spending like half of your budget on the pump, and about 1/4 on the big diameter tubing (there is another place that i have a catalog at home from, they have up to 24" clear cast acrylic tubing!!! hehe, to bad its over $100.00 per foot) and the other 1/4 on the beckett injector and various other pvc and acrylic pieces.

as far as home depot goes, they dont sell metal halide ballasts, they do sell the bulbs(4300K), but most dont sell the ballasts or even know what they are...

hope it helps!

vigg aka goby.

------------------

A

Anonymous

I installed an AquaC EV-150 on my 150 reef last Fri., and have been watching it since. Today, it looks like the Brady Bunch put the whole box of detergent in the washing machine! Wow, what foam!

A

Anonymous

Hi Flash,

What pump are you using with the AquaC 150? Where did you buy it and what did it cost you? I have been looking at www.marinedepot.com, they seem to have the best deal.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I have an interesting note:

Jason, from AquaC, emailed me to let me know he had changed the skimmer design to accomodate easy access to the induction nozzle. That's cool. It sounds like they have their priorities straight (the customer is #1, and make sure they are well informed).

I am now leaning towards the AquaC and/or the bullet injection series from precision marine. The AquaC looks less complicated, but I do like the way the bullet looks. What can I say, I like flashy things.

Odenwell - what maintenance did you have to perform on your ETS? How does it compare to your current skimmer?

Javier - Where were you able to find and ETS500 and Iwaki 30RTL for $400? Every place I have checked, the amount comes closer to $500 or more.

Gannet - Thank you for the information, I will be checking out the websites you left links for.

TO EVERYONE - KEEP IT COMING!

The more information I read, the more I will feel when I make my purchase.

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

GO with the Aqua-C!!!!!!!! I have a 75 that I just put a Aqua-C HOB on. Jason from Aqua-C and Ken form Marine Depot both said that the skimmer is rated for up to a 75. From what I have seen the skimmer will handle much more than a 75! Jason told me the break in period would be around two weeks, he was wrong try two days! If this thing is still breaking in I can't wait to see what it will do in two weeks. Right now it is producing LARGE amounts of dark green foam with a little water. The amount of water has been going down and foam up. I realize that you will be getting a sump model for a larger tank but both skimmers use that same princilpal to do their job. If you talk to Jason again tell him Tim talked to you.

A

Anonymous

Srbayless

Talk to Ken at Marine Depot about compairisons between the Aqua-c and The PM skimmers. I called Marine depot to order the PM Hot 1 which also is a HOB and Ken sent me to the Aqua-C I mentioned in the post above. He saved me $20 in doing so.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Can anyone compare the AquaC skimmer to the bullet from precision marine, preferably from personal observation?

I like both skimmers, its just a question of which can handle the rated gallonage they quote for the units.

Thanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: