Arrg

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey everyone I know I've asked this in the past and I've lost the thread. But I've got a nikon d80 and was wondering what a decent but not break the bank lens to get to take some really nice close up shots. I've got a set of the magnifying lenses I think they are +1 +3 and +5. I remember someone saying a 50 something mm fixed lens would be good with throwing one of those on it but if anyone can give me some insight on what would be best let me know.

Thanks

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
With that budget, look for a used 50mm macro.

51RyR9bnOqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

$200 http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pho/1292882031.html

Brian65901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Sigma 70mm Macro

I have the Sigma its highly rated and behaves like a 105mm do the sensor size on the Nikon. I would stay away from a 50 mm only because when you are doing macro work the subject has to be a inch or two from the front of the lens to be in focus which is usually difficult in a tank, the sweet focus spot on my Sigma is 9-11 inches. I paid I little under $400 on line unfortunatly it hard to find a inexpensive used one. If you can get an older non self focus lens it may save you money as most people manualy focus anyway. Also get a remote for the camera as manually hitting the sutter will blur the shot

tacson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I got vivitar 100 mm macro it's good I'm upgrading to canon 100 mm I post it a while back but nobody wants it . It's your for $100 it's good for start lmk pm

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: