Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I picked up a duncan polyp frag today with about 9 heads on it, looks quite nice actually. When I read about it on liveaquaria it mentioned that duncans benefit from trace elements. Is this something I should consider? Or do you think well balanced water will do just fine? If I should consider dosing with trace elements, what do you recommend? When I googled it a lot of options came up.

I've attached a few pics of the other frags I have. Forgive the quality, I took them with my iphone.

Attachments

• 14594bcece272779b.jpg
    14594bcece272779b.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2200.jpg
    IMG_2200.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 155

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I kind of figured it would be fine without it, but I thought it was worth checking into. I use ESV salts and every time I do a water change I test the DT water and the new water going in to make sure I compensate accordingly. My tank is just over three months old so I'm doing five gallon water changes every week as of right now.

Thank you for the feedback!

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If you check the amounts of trace elements in natural sea water they are minuscule. In my opinion we add a lot of stuff to our tanks that aren't really necessary. Doing regular water changes replaces the trace elements.( at least every 2 weeks)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: