GrimReeferrr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm looking to get a custom glass tank built for my new project, its going to be 180 gallons and have a side overflow. Any suggestions on where to get the tank built? I have already checked into glass cages just wana see what my options are.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I am looking to get one made as well :) Hope you don't mind if I join in on you're thread.

FWIW, from searching threads, Miracles in Glass seems to be a popular choice.

Last edited:

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I am looking to get one made as well :) Hope you don't mind if I join in on you're thread.

FWIW, from searching threads, Miracles in Glass seems to be a popular choice.

bout time...

The Oceanic Deep series with Starphire is pretty nice if you are going with standard dimensions.

I have a Miracle in Glass tank and would recommend them for custom work.

tangmaniac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
141   0   0

johnsonlee42

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
In terms of a custom tank Glass Cages is definitely the most cost efficient... I had quotes from Coast to Coast and House of Fins, and the tanks were 4x the price. CTC and HoF will probably do a very good job, but I was happy with my Glass Cages tank.

johnsonlee42

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I would not recomend this tank company. You get what you pay for....an inferior product.

I have definitely heard bad things about Glass Cages, but I couldn't afford what other companies were quoting me for a 30 gallon tall with an overflow. Since my tank is pretty small maybe I lucked out, and I was really happy with the work that Glass Cages provided. I definitely knew I was taking a risk going in with it, as there have been reports of leaks occuring almost immediately after filling.

If you want great customer service and a guaranteed good tank (and have the money to spend), I would recommend Coast to Coast. They were really helpful during the RFP process and demonstrated an extraordinary amount of patience.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: