Cris007

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've been using the BRS pellets in my Nextreef. My nitrates never go past 1 using the Elos test kit. I also hardly ever do water changes. Been thinking about switching to Dr Tim's pearls just to try it out.

Last edited:

robscool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Starting Dr. Tims this week. My nitrates are through the roof and I've been battling them for years. I'm going to start verrrrry slowly, 1/3 recommended dosage and slowly build up. Tank has been running for over 5 years and I don't want to shock the system and suck the oxygen out of the system.
Perhaps I should start a thread of the process with weekly parameter updates. I'm nervous, but I am willing to give this a shot.

Rob
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robscool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Started dr Tims last night when I was drunk...I need to stop doing tank maintenance when I come home from drinking.
Anywho, started with a little less than 1/4 cup on my 75gal. No clouding or any other issues today. I will add another 1/4 cup in 2-3 weeks and see how it goes. I temporarily stopped GFO, but will start it back up when I add the second dose of BP.

Rob
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ1080

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm at it, hows the XL1? Im looking at the different types of reactors deciding which one to pickup in the group buy.

Any clumping in yours?

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well the size of the reactor will depend on what size tank you have. The clumping is usually caused by flow problems in the reactor. The XL-1 is running well, but honestly is even too big for my 140 gallon of water volume. The pellets tumble nicely, i have it connected to my main pump via a manifold.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: