• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

sere

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one would you use for a 10gal nano. A 250w DE or 150W DE. This will be hung over the tank not in a good. Should I use DE or mogul? I like DE
Thanks
Jerod

sere

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
meant not in a hood.BTW anybody use the Catalina DE bulb from petsupplyliquidator.com ?
Jerod

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my friend uses 150w on his 20 gallon and it gets hot so i would be careful on a 10 gallon. i think 150 is a lot of light for a 10 so i dont see why you should go higher.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I had a 70W DE on my 10 gallon and it got pretty warm (had to use the iceprobe to chill it a bit. I tried a 150W Iwasaki 50KK and it was way too warm for the 10. Both were suspended units, but they were pretty close to the water (about 6"). I wouldn't consider a 250W unless you have a real chiller on your nano. I'd go DE when possible; just remember that DE bulbs need to be shielded with UV absorbing glass.

Sorry, never tried petsupplyliquidator.com. You might want to ask about them in the General Discussion.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: