Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I ordered my next tank from Planet Aquariums. Since I couldn't find a local store (as MA closed), I went with saltwateraquarium.com

The way it works is you ask them for a quote (25$...) then if you accept it, you will be able to fulfill it. Note that build times are very long.

Disclaimer: my tank is in production, so I cannot tell you anything else about the end result. I went with something like a Mega Matrix, since I don't need a rimless.

Bear82

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geraud,
What size tank did you order? what was the final cost if you don't mine me asking?
I'm looking at the mega matrix 215g but with some custom holes on the side pane. Haven't received a quote back yet.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Geraud,
What size tank did you order? what was the final cost if you don't mine me asking?
I'm looking at the mega matrix 215g but with some custom holes on the side pane. Haven't received a quote back yet.
I'm PM'ing you since I don't know if these things are public. You can however find some ideas from their standard sizes here: http://www.dfwaquarium.com/Products/Planet-Aquariums/

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I just got my Planet delivered today.

The pros:
- ordering through saltwateraquarium.com was not too bad (once the quote was finally issued)
- build quality is great, and came well protected

The bad:
- communication from Planet was nill: nothing, ever.
- I got a phone call this morning from the shipping company: "hey we'll be there in 15-20 minutes"

Living in Manhattan you can imagine the mess. Luckily for me a coworker kindly helped me get it off the pallet and move it into my place (140 pounds with 1 flight of stairs)

Overall a bitter sweet experience. I am sure it will last forever, but I wish the experience had been smoother.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: