SaltwaterKitty

24g Aquapod Nano
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I don't have MUCH SW experience as my tank is only a few weeks old but ... one of my peppermint shrimp molted ... and the molt is behind my rocks ... do I need to get it out?

And sadly, I lost one of my pair of peppermint shrimp ... the body, if you will, is also behind the rocks ... do I need to get that out or will the CUC take care of it?

Lastly, I bought the shrimp as a pair - now the other one seems totally beside himself that he's alone. He just hovers where the other one died. Should I replace the dead one to make the surviving one happy?

Kat

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
if the tank is only a few weeks old you might want to wait a bit before throwing more stuff in. as for the shrimp being lonely...not really. i have never spoken with my shrimp to confirm that they are happy, but i am willing to bet that they dont really care that much one way or the other.

and yes, if you have some crabs in your clean up crew they will eat the molt.

SaltwaterKitty

24g Aquapod Nano
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
if the tank is only a few weeks old you might want to wait a bit before throwing more stuff in. as for the shrimp being lonely...not really. i have never spoken with my shrimp to confirm that they are happy, but i am willing to bet that they dont really care that much one way or the other.

and yes, if you have some crabs in your clean up crew they will eat the molt.

That's just plain crazy! I text with my shrimp all the time, lol. :kidding:

And to clarify, the tank was established for a long time when I bought it ... bought it complete with the water, rock and sand ... set it up same day with the LR covered in water for the transport and had no cycle - so I added a CUC and have only a royal gramma in there for now ...

:D

Kat

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: