• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

xxnonamexx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Percula clowns, Powder Blue Tang, Coral Beauty Angel, 5 chromis, Blue Surgeon, 2 Bleenies, my friend is looking to sell 3 triggers (Huma Huma, Clown, Blue Niger) The sizes are comparable to my tang, I have a 120g FOWLR. these fish have not bothered any of his fish so I hope my fish will be safe. ANy suggestions.

michael stern

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
112   1   0
Don't do it.
It's not a question of if, it's when.
The clown and/or huma huma WILL wipe out your percs, coral beauty, chromis and blennies. Guaranteed.
Niger should be fine.

manyfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I start SW tank 14years ago with mean fish , clown trigger will go after smaller fish then him. niger some time peaceful ,but the huma huma will destroy your tank at feed time, good luck if you put them in

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Niger can be, and usually are, some what aggressive. A lot of place sell them as being non-aggressive but that usually not the case, especially in the long run. As they get larger they usually become aggressive, this is the case with almost all triggers.

So smaller ones can work in reef tanks but they do get bigger and unless you have a very large reef tank it's best to keep them in Fowlr or FO tanks with more aggressive fish.

xxnonamexx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have a 120gal FOWLR and most community fish, I might add a porc puffer, and maybe anothe tang or Angel, if my Powder Blue died I would have turned to all aggressive since he is my boggest one and I don't want to lose my coral beauty angel or clowns lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: